We can take you from the
to the final printed document.
We can help you every step of the way, from the initial idea to the
final printed edition of your book. Or, if you already have a document prepared and are
looking for someone to get it into print for you, we can help. We check with you
throughout the process of working on your book, so you can see and approve the progress
The services offered in preparing books for publication are:
- Entry work. If your book is hand-written or typed, we
can enter it into the computer so that it can be worked with in preparation for printing.
If you want to do the entry work, you can place your book on a disc for us, and we will
transfer it into book format for you.
- Layout work. Layout includes determining the dimensions
(height and width), the way the text will look on the page (font, size, margins, etc.),
page headings, insertion of photos or other graphics, chapter headings, Table of Contents,
Index, and so on.
- Cover Design. We can design a cover which will be
attractive and will reflect the subject matter of your book.
- Writing. If you need help with the actual writing of
your manuscript, we can help you. We can offer suggestions, or actually write portions for
- Editing. We offer a complete editing of the text, or a
light editing, where only major problems are dealt with. If the author of the text is
skilled in writing, it is likely that only a light edit would be necessary. Otherwise, a
full edit is suggested. (See Editing)
- Proofing. There are two levels of proofing: text and
layout. 1) The text proofing includes a careful reading of the entire text, as well as a
computer spellcheck. In addition to spelling, we look for inconsistencies in wording and
phrasing. 2) The layout proof checks margins, headings, page numbers, placement of photos
and graphics, etc.
- Printing / Binding. Hard or soft cover. Full color or
black ink. Your choice of paper, etc. We also help get your book reprinted, if needed.
Go to Top
Many businesses, organizations and churches publish a newsletter for
their clients or members. The newsletter may be produced monthly, quarterly, or
bi-annually. We offer two services here: 1) preparation and printing of the newsletter,
and 2) training your staff to produce part of all of the newsletter in-house.
1) Newsletter Preparation includes:
- Designing layout, cover banner, etc. If you already have an established
newsletter, we can work with existing layout design and logos to improve the overall
appearance and readability.
- Organizing all text and articles submitted by the client.
- Inserting graphics where appropriate, and placing photos submitted by
- Editing the text as needed.
- Complete proof of text and layout.
- Printing, folding, stapling of newsletters.
- Optional: Mailing labels: we can print your mailing labels, and
2) Training includes:
- Teaching your newsletter editor or staff how to set up a design layout,
how to create an attractive appearance, how to make the newsletter readable, how to edit
- Computer training (PC): how to use computer programs to lay out the
newsletter, add graphics and photos, spellcheck, prepare the document for printing. (Tech support is available for all computer training).
- This is hands-on training.
- We can come to your place and work with your equipment.
Go to Top
A brochure is a pamphlet or a booklet from 4 to 12 pages which informs
the reader of:
- a coming event, workshop, etc.
- services provided by your organization.
- the philosophy or motivation of an organization or company.
We help you:
- organize your information so that it can be presented in the best order.
- clarify your text to say the most in the simplest way.
- create an attractive layout (including graphics).
- provide you with a camera-ready master printout for you to photocopy or
print, or we can do the photocopying or printing for you.
- We can also provide you with a copy of the computer file on a disc.
Go to Top
ADS AND FLYERS
Placing an ad in a newspaper or magazine? or on the internet? or in a
flyer? We can help. We can:
- work with your ideas to create the ad.
- fully develop and design an ad to the dimensions you need, in black and
white or full color.
- insert photos, graphics, etc.
- help you develop a logo or slogan.
- provide you with a camera-ready master for printing, or a computer file
of the ad.
Go to Top
- design the card.
- give it a personal or professional touch, depending on what you would
- help you develop a logo or slogan if you need one.
- give you the design on a camera-ready master or on a computer disc so you
can get them printed. Or, we can get them printed for you.
Professional-Looking Diagrams and Charts:
- based on the information you give us, we will develop diagrams, charts,
or drawings for you to use in reports, handouts, presentations, or publications.
- we will give you a camera-ready copy, and/or a computer generated image
which you can place into your report and re-size to fit.
Go to Top